This position is Firmware Applications Engineer for flash controller products
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities:
- Develop front end firmware features necessary to meet the product specification and customer requirements.
- Develop and modify existing firmware for SSD product requirements following PCIe and NVMe protocols.
- Debug host interface related problems encountered during internal or customer firmware testing.
- Perform root cause analysis and make appropriate changes to correct the problem.
- Work directly with HW designers to efficiently resolve customer issues.
- 3+ years experience in software/firmware applications engineering
- Experience in SSD controller/firmware architecture
- Experience with PCIe and NVMe protocols in firmware development and debugging, including but not limited to host reset, power management, namespace, MSI-X, SMBus, ARP, NVMe commands etc.
- Experience in analyzing PCIe protocol traces to identify the root cause for front end issues.
- Experience in the storage industry in SSD, HDD, storage systems, or a related technology.
- Strong experience in C/C++ programming and data structure
- Hands on experience with JTAG/ICE debuggers
- Experience with version control software like Git.
- Competent to work independently as well as in a small team collaboration environment.
- Must be willing to learn fast and execute as a team player.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills for communication and documentation.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team and under the pressure of multiple priorities.
- Open for domestic and international travel.
- The ability to operate logic analyzer, oscilloscope and bus protocol analyzer is valuable.
- Experience with hardware peripherals, features, and development environments is also valuable.
Job location: Milpitas, California.
For applying job positions or more information regarding the recruitment, please contact: email@example.com
SMI-USA: Compensation, Benefits, Rewards and Culture
Silicon Motion believes that a company's most important asset is their employees. That is why we make sure that we offer an excellent array of benefits to eligible employees and encourage them to find balance between work and life.
Benefits and Rewards at SMI
We offer competitive compensation and reward superior performance. Employees are eligible to be recognized in the following ways:
- Highly competitive salaries differentiated by performance
- Annual merit increases
- RSU for eligible employees
- Invention and Patent Awards
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Length of Service Awards
We offer comprehensive health insurance plans for eligible employees and dependents. There are plans to meet the needs of you and your family:
- Medical Insurance: Choose from health care options provided by United Healthcare and Kaiser. The plans are combined with a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Dental Care from Principal: Preventive care is paid for at 100%. SMI also provides orthodontic benefits for children.
- Vision Care from VSP through Principal Life Insurance (PLI): The plan is designed to provide you with periodic exams, glasses and contacts.
- Short-term Disability: This benefit is provided through the California State Disability Insurance program (SDI) for non-work related illness or injury
- Life Insurance Principal Life Insurance (PLI): Provides you with a basic coverage of $50,000
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Principal Life Insurance (PLI): Provides you a benefit pay if you should die or suffer certain injuries due to an accident
- Long-term Disability Insurance Principal Life Insurance (PLI): replaces up to 60% of your salary if you are disabled due to illness or injury.
More Benefits and Activities at SMI:
Pre-Tax Premiums: If your health care coverage decisions require you to make a premium contribution, those contributions would be deducted from your pay on a pre-tax basis. That means the actual cost is less than the scheduled contribution amount.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): SMI's FSA's allow you to pay for certain eligible health care and/or dependent day care expenses with tax-free money. You can set aside up to $2,750 to the Health Care FSA and a maximum of $5,000 to the Dependent Care FSA, each year, depending on your marital and tax-filing status. Plan is administered by FlexToday.
401(k) Retirement Plan through Fidelity Investments: Through this Plan, you may set aside up to 90% of your salary (to the annual IRS limits) on a pre-tax basis. You may then invest your money in one or more of the available investment options. Your contributions and investments accumulate on a tax-deferred basis. The company provides an employer match of 50% of salary deferral not to exceed 5% of annual earnings.
Paid Time Off: Vacation increases the longer you are with the company. SMI provides competitive vacation and other time off programs that give you time away to rest and relax or for illness. SMI also offers paid holidays.
Celebration and Events: Employees and their families are very important to SMI. We reward them with various celebrations throughout the year:
Annual Company Picnic and Holiday Celebration with the family;
Birthday cake celebrations with gifts and greeting cards;
Sports events/competitions like volleyball, bowling and hiking; and
As part of SMI's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
We partner with Loaves and Fishes in helping the needy people of Santa Clara County through Bag Brown Program.
We sponsor the Silicon Valley Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in October
Employees volunteer at Ulistac Natural Area in preserving an ecological gem in Santa Clara by removing invasive species and planting California native trees, shrubs, grasses and wildflowers or by way of the company providing financial assistance in replacing old hoses for watering the plants.
In November, we do a Food Drive Campaign for the needy and Toys' Drive for the kids during the holiday season.